- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Australian actress Peta Sergeant, who starred in the Aussie television series Satisfaction, has landed the role of Gaia Woods in the Warner Bros. TV-produced project, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The Selection is described as an epic romance set 300 years in the future in which a poor young woman is chosen by lottery to participate in a competition to become the next queen of a war-torn nation at a crossroads.
Sergeant’s character is described as a rebel leader who is working to overthrow the monarchy.
She joins a cast that includes Ethan Peck as Prince Maxon, Aimee Teegarden as America and Sean Patrick Thomas as Sylvan.
Based on the forthcoming series of books by Kiera Cass, The Vampire Diaries‘ Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain will write and executive produce the drama. Mark Piznarski (Gossip Girl, The Lying Game) will direct the pilot.
Sergeant is repped by Magnolia Entertainment, TalentWorks and Australia’s Sue Barnett & Associates. Her other small-screen credits include Canal Road, All Saints and Headlands, and she stars in the upcoming big-screen feature Iron Sky.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Framing Britney Spears
Michael K. Williams
The Late Show