- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After appearing earlier in the season to talk about his whirlwind summer and engagement to musician Ariana Grande, Pete Davidson dropped by the “Weekend Update” desk on the latest installment of NBC’s Saturday Night Live to talk about the midterm elections and ended up addressing his recent breakup.
First, the castmember alluded to the split by saying that he started paying attention to the midterm elections after having to move back in with his mom. But after poking fun at the appearances of conservative candidates Rick Scott, Peter King, Dan Crenshaw and Greg Pence as well as Democratic incumbent Andrew Cuomo, Davidson also had some words to say about Grande.
“The truth is, it’s nobody’s business,” he said. “Sometimes things just don’t work out, and that’s OK. She’s a wonderful strong person, and I genuinely wish her all the happiness in the world.” Davidson ended the segment by telling people to vote on Tuesday.
Less than an hour before Saturday’s episode of the late-night sketch show, Grande released a new single about her exes — called “Thank U, Next” — in which she mentions Davidson, their engagement and the fallout.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
sex lives of college girls