- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
During this week’s edition of “Weekend Update” on NBC’s Saturday Night Live, castmember Pete Davidson was brought out to talk about Kanye West, who was the musical guest during last week’s installment and ended the episode wearing a MAGA hat and giving a pro-Trump speech that was not aired.
Regarding the hat, Davidson said that West wore it all week and refuted the allegations West had made that he was told not to wear it. Davidson said he wished he had bullied West into not wearing the hat. He also noted that he wished someone had bullied himself into not donning a purple bucket hat he was photographed wearing with fiancee Ariana Grande.
Davidson didn’t pull any punches. “What Kanye said after we went off the air last week was one of the worst things I’ve ever seen while working here,” he said. He also poked some fun at himself. “You know how wrong about politics you have to be for me to notice?” he asked.
Davidson has always been very open about mental health and medicine, and he suggested that West should be back on his meds. “Being mentally ill is not an excuse to act like a jackass,” he said. “I’m quoting my therapist, my mom, and my mailman.” At the end of his rant, Davidson donned a hat reading “Make Kanye 2006 Again.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day