- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The network has handed out a hefty put-pilot commitment to a single-camera comedy from the duo, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The Escape centers on a stressed-out urban professional who uproots himself and his troubled 19-year-old son to move to rural Idaho to live with his father, a retired surgeon with the ruggedness of Indiana Jones.
Dan Sterling (The Interview) will write and exec produce with Lord, Miller and Seth Cohen. The Escape hails from 20th Century Fox Television, where Lord and Miller have an overall deal.
The Escape marks a key off-network sale for the duo, as well as 20th TV. Lord and Miller’s current series, Last Man on Earth, Son of Zorn and the forthcoming Making History, all call Fox home.
Three of ABC’s current half-hours, Last Man Standing, Fresh Off the Boat and freshmen entry Speechless, hail from 20th TV. Speechless is co-produced by ABC Studios.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day