- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“Surgery went well, he’s resting and will be ready for the Idol tour kick off in July!,” Leslie Fradkin, a representative for Idol producers 19 Entertainment, tells THR. She had no further comment.
Philips opted to postpone surgery until Idol’s 11th season wrapped up; he secretly went under the knife a whopping eight times while on the show to treat a buildup of kidney stones. Caused by a congenital condition, the stones have rendered his right kidney largely ineffective, prompting him to temporarily rely on a stint and the need for an operation that would bring about a more permanent solution.
As previously reported, Phillips had scheduled the surgery only a month before the latest cast of the Fox series embark on a 45-date U.S. tour. A rep for Phillips said he’s still a lock for the July 6 kick-off in Detroit.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day