- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Disney Channel’s just-renewed Boy Meets World update welcomes the veteran actress in the Aug. 8 episode, “Girl Meets Popular,” and The Hollywood Reporter exclusively debuts a first look at her cameo appearance.
The 88-year-old actress, as local baker Mrs. Svorski, encounters Topanga (Danielle Fishel) and her young son Auggie (August Maturo) at her bakery located in the Matthews’ New York City apartment building. Auggie urges Topanga to help her when they learn Topanga’s law firm is working on a case that will force the bakery out of business.
Leachman is just one of several notable guest stars, including Jane Lynch, Jackee Harry, Willie Garson, Charlotte Rae and Herbie Hancock, appearing in the freshman season. Boy Meets World alums including William Daniels (Mr. Feeny), Rider Strong (Shawn), William Russ (Alan), Betsy Randle (Amy), Lee Norris (Minkus) and Danny McNulty (Harley), also reprise their roles throughout the run.
Girl Meets World airs 8:30 p.m. Fridays on Disney Channel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day