- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Don’t expect Piers Morgan to interview Madonna when his CNN show premieres in January.
“She is too vegan for TV,” Morgan was quoted saying by the U.K. media. “We have Lady Gaga now so Madonna is banned from my show.”
Morgan said he’d prefer to interview President Barack Obama, Mel Gibson, Lindsay Lohan or “whoever is in the news who is relevant and current.”
Madonna isn’t too upset.
“Madonna doesn’t know who Piers Morgan is, but she’s a big fan of Lady Gaga,” her rep told AOL’s Popeater.
Madonna was just recently named one of Time Magazine’s 25 Most Powerful Women of the Last Century list. Her 2008-09 tour, Sticky & Sweet, was the top-grossing by a solo artist in music history.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
How Inevitable Foundation Developed Its “Aggressive” Solution to Pay Disabled Writers Not to Settle for Consulting Jobs
The Fien Print
‘Pretty Baby: Brooke Shields’ Review: A Timely Doc About Hollywood, Hyper-Sexualization and a Star’s Resilience
Ali Wong and Steven Yeun on Stepping into Executive Producer Roles for Road Rage Dramedy ‘Beef’