- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – Piers Morgan’s Tonight show has been bumped to midnight Central European Time as part a of new evening schedule spotlighting Christiane Amanpour‘s new signature series, Amanpour.
CNN International managing director Tony Maddox announced the changes, which will see Morgan’s 10pm CET broadcast moved to midnight so that the half-hourly Amanpour can be broadcast twice nightly at 9pm and then repeated at 11pm.
The schedule will be carried around the world in 200 countries and territories, although the times are specific to Europe.
CNN International said Amanpour would be “the definitive international news and interview program that CNN’s worldwide audience has come to expect” of the preeminent global journalist.
The show will be recorded in New York and produced by Liza McGuirk.
Amanpour is the global affairs anchor for ABC News as well as an anchor and chief international correspondent at CNN.
“We are delighted to see Amanpour return to the heart of CNN International’s line-up,” said Maddox. “Christiane has proven herself time and time again to be the leading international journalist in television news, and with Liza’s commitment to producing compelling television, Amanpour will showcase the very best that CNN has to offer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day