- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Wendie Malick is joining Fox’s Pitch.
The Hot in Cleveland grad has booked a key recurring role on the network’s upcoming baseball drama, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Pitch — produced in partnership with Major League Baseball — centers on Ginny Baker, a young female pitcher (Kylie Bunbury of Under the Dome) who defies the odds when she becomes the first woman to play in the major leagues.
Malick will recur as Maxine Armstrong, a major shareholder of the Padres corporate parent.
The cast also includes Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Ali Larter, Mark Consuelos, Mo McRae and fellow recurring players Bob Balaban as Frank Reid, the owner of the Padres; Chastity Dotson as Janet Baker, Ginny’s mother; Ryan Dorsey as Tommy Miller, the pitcher Ginny replaced on the team’s roster and her antagonist; Jack McGee as Buck, the team’s pitching coach; and Michael Beach as Bill Baker, Ginny’s father.
Pitch will premiere Thursday, Sept. 22, at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Fox.
Malick is repped by Innovative Artists.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day