- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Playing House isn’t wasting time adding top comedy talent for it’s upcoming second season.
Rob Riggle is set to guest star on the USA half-hour comedy, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The Daily Show alum will play Buck Finch, a woodshop teacher whose double entendres about working with wood get his ladies-only class going. Emma (Jessica St. Clair) and Maggie (Lennon Parham) sign up in hopes of repairing their relationship with Mark’s wife Tina (Lindsay Sloane), aka “Bird Bones.” The unassuming Tina, unaware of Buck’s innuendos, is determined to make her birdhouse the best of the bunch.
Bird Bones making a birdhouse? Let that one sink in for a minute.
Playing House was picked up for an eight-episode second season in December. As part of the deal, every episode of the comedy will receive an early video on demand window.
Riggle got his start in comedy at the Upright Citizens Brigade, as did Playing House creators/executive producers/stars St. Clair and Parham.
Riggle’s other credits include Modern Family, 21 Jump Street and The Hangover. He is repped by WME, Principato-Young Entertainment and Sloane, Offer.
Playing House‘s new season premieres on Tuesday, Aug. 4 at 10 p.m. on USA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day