- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The candidates face their harshest critics yet in a newly released mash-up video from The X Factor, editing snippets from Monday’s presidential debate together with Simon Cowell, LA Reid, Demi Lovato and Britney Spears’ most memorable judging moments this season.
“This is gonna sound odd, but it sounded like you were dying,” Cowell tells Obama in the clip. But the POTUS fires his own zinger back, telling Cowell, “everytime you’ve offered an opinion, you’ve been wrong.”
As for Spears, she thinks Romney is “really cute, but your voice isn’t that great.”
The 1:45 clip will not see any television airtime, but viewers can watch now in the video player above. Spoiler alert: Neither candidate has what it takes for the $5 million contract.
The promo comes just in time for Tuesday’s rescheduled broadcast, following a mishap last week in which the episode was pre-empted by a baseball rain delay and then plagued by a series of technical errors. The two-hour episode has since been cut down to one hour and will air following Fox’s Tuesday night comedy block at 9:30 p.m. ET/PT.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@thr.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day