- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
During his Tonight Show monologue on Tuesday, Jimmy Fallon lined up part of Obama’s Sunday speech with the chorus from “Shake It Off” to make it sound like the commander in chief is singing backup vocals on the hit song.
Obama really does appear to be helping the pop star out, as the segment uses a part of his speech where he repeated the word “vote” numerous times in an effort to galvanize his supporters.
As it turned out, T-Swift is having a much better week than the Democratic party is. Her new album 1989 notched the biggest sales week of the last 12 years, whereas the Dems lost the Senate to the Republicans.
Watch the video below to see if Obama just might want to consider a career in the recording industry when it comes time for him to seek a new day job in 2016.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Robert De Niro