- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When it’s time for President Obama to unwind with a little TV, he prefers heavy dramas over reality TV.
The president has made it well known that he’s a fan of Showtime’s Homeland and HBO’s The Wire, but he’s also said he likes HBO’s Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire, British series Downton Abbey, which airs on PBS in the U.S., and Netflix’s House of Cards, the second season of which he’s eagerly awaiting, friends of his told The New York Times.
Obama is also working his way through the DVD box set of AMC’s Breaking Bad, the Times reports, adding that even though the series just ended, he’s way behind and frequently reminds people not to spoil anything he hasn’t seen.
The president also used DVDs to catch up on AMC’s Mad Men, according to the Times, telling friends that Elisabeth Moss‘ Peggy Olson gave him insight into how his strong-willed grandmother dealt with life in a man’s world.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day