- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When ABC Family renewed Pretty Little Liars for two more seasons back in June, there were questions over how long the series’ mystery surrounding the identity of “A” could realistically last. Now fans won’t have to worry.
Executive producer Marlene King used Tuesday’s Halloween fan special, “We Love You to DeAth,” to reassure the fandom that the big reveal would come well before season seven, which will likely begin in summer 2016.
“I think fans got a little worried when they found out that we were going seven seasons, because they thought maybe they’re going to have to wait that long to find out who ‘A’ is, but I am promising you that you don’t,” she said. “The identity of Big ‘A’ is going to be revealed before season seven starts.”
Over the course of five seasons, there have been numerous “A” reveals that have served as major misdirects or detours from the overarching mystery, from Team “A” and Ezra to Toby and Mona, just to name a few. Hopefully, King’s promise of an uber-“A” reveal will stick.
What are your thoughts about King’s scoop?
Pretty Little Liars, on a season-five hiatus, returns on Dec. 9 for the Christmas episode.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Fien Print