- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Janel Parrish, who plays Mona (aka the all-knowing “A,” according to the Season 2 finale), has been upped from recurring status to a series regular for the third season.
This doesn’t come as much of a surprise as executive producer Marlene King has said that the person behind “A” would have a larger role in the coming season, which begins airing at 8 p.m. on Tuesday, June 5. When the finale left off, “A”/Mona was seen meeting with a visitor wearing a red coat — looking oddly similar to one Alison/Vivian wore.
“A” has been a big driving force behind the Pretty Little Liars mystery, having been introduced in the series’ pilot back in June 2010.
In the Sara Shepard books, on which the TV series is based, Mona was also revealed to be the first “A.”
Parrish appears in Sundance film Celeste and Jesse Forever and was seen on the small screen in Heroes, The O.C. and True Jackson, VP.
This comes after Liars actor Tyler Blackburn was promoted to a series regular in late January.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
We Are Lady Parts
Behind The Screen