- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A family reunion is in the cards for Pretty Little Liars’ final season — but it may not be a happy one.
Torrey DeVitto will reprise her role as Melissa Hastings in the Freeform drama’s last batch of episodes, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Melissa was last seen in the second half of season six as a suspect in Charlotte’s (Vanessa Ray) murder. Although her involvement wasn’t confirmed, she fled Rosewood due to alleged threats from the latest Big Bad and has not been seen since.
Melissa’s former lover Wren Kingston (Julian Morris) will also return in what executive producer Charlie Craig told THR is “part of the ultimate final twist in the final episode.” It was revealed in flashbacks that Wren and Melissa broke up because Charlotte told him about Melissa’s shady past — including when Melissa accidentally buried Bethany Young alive when she thought the body was that of Alison DiLaurentis (Sasha Pieterse) — and her sister, Spencer (Troian Bellisario), was also very suspicious of Melissa.
DeVitto has recurred on Pretty Little Liars since the series’ inception. The actress, who is repped by APA, Insight and Hansen Jacobson, currently stars on NBC’s Chicago Med.
Pretty Little Liars returns in April 2017 on Freeform.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day