- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON — Channel 5 has picked up Lifetime’s William & Kate: The Movie, which will be the centerpiece of a Royal Wedding-themed season on the U.K. broadcaster.
The TV movie, which stars relative unknowns Nico Evers-Swindell and Camilla Luddington as the lovestruck couple, follows their romance from meeting as students at St. Andrews University.
Chariots Of Fire actor Ben Cross plays the Prince of Wales.
“Through this dramatization, Channel 5 viewers will be able to re-live what it may have been like during the young couple’s days at the University of St. Andrews, through to their ski trips to Klosters in Switzerland and Kate’s life at home with the Middleton family in Berkshire,” the network said.
Katie Keenan, Channel 5’s head of acquisitions, said the movie had “sparked worldwide interest and anticipation.”
“We are really pleased that Channel 5 will be able to offer viewers its U.K. TV premiere.”
Other royal wedding-themed programming on the network will include OK! TV at the Royal Wedding, dedicated programming on Channel 5 News, and documentary William and Kate: The Story So Far – presented by news anchor Matt Barbet.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day