- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Lifetime has announced the cast and details for the 12th cycle of Project Runway.
Sixteen new fashion designers will compete for the grand prize, including a past competitor whom Lifetime is calling a “Runway Redemption Contestant.” The past designer will be chosen by fans on the Lifetime website and will be unveiled as part of the new season. The Hollywood Reporter broke the news in May.
Heidi Klum returns as host and judge, alongside Nina Garcia and Zac Posen, with Tim Gunn mentoring. Gunn will also watch the runway show with the judges, a change from previous installments, and will be given the power to rescue a designer during the season who he feels deserves a second chance.
Additionally, seven fans will be featured in an upcoming episode this season for a makeover. In a Project Runway first, viewers will also be able to interact with others through the PlayRunway interactive on-screen feature, allowing them to voice their opinions for the episodes, challenges and eliminations.
Guest judges this season include Michael Kors, Kate Bosworth, Kelly Osbourne, Allison Williams, Sigourney Weaver, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Kaley Cuoco and Stacy Keibler.
The designers competing this season are:
· Alexander Pope, 38 – Hometown: Los Angeles, CA; Resides in New York, NY
· Alexandria von Bromssen, 38 – Hometown: Stockholm, Sweden; Resides in San Mateo, CA
· Angela Bacskocky, 33 – Hometown: Richmond, VA; Resides in Richmond, VA
· Bradon McDonald, 38 – Hometown: Lowville, NY; Resides in Los Angeles, CA
· Dom Streater, 24 – Hometown: Philadelphia, PA; Resides in Philadelphia, PA
· Helen Castillo, 25 – Hometown: Weehawken, NJ; Resides in Union City, NJ
· Jeremy Brandrick, 41 – Hometown: Birmingham, England; Resides in New York, NY
· Justin LeBlanc, 27 – Hometown: Tampa, FL; Resides in Raleigh, NC
· Kahindo Mateene, 34 – Hometown: Goma, Democratic Republic of the Congo; Resides in Chicago, IL
· Karen Batts, 29 – Hometown: Boca Raton, FL; Resides in Queens, NY
· Ken Laurence, 24 – Hometown: Birmingham, AL; Resides in Birmingham, AL
· Miranda Kay Levy, 29 – Hometown: Wilton, WI; Resides in Milwaukee, WI
· Sandro Masmanidi, 28 – Hometown: Krasnodar, Russia; Resides in New York, NY
· Sue Waller, 45 – Hometown: Boston, MA; Resides in Brooklyn, NY
· Timothy Westbrook, 24- Hometown: Wanakena, NY; Resides in Milwaukee, WI
· Runway Redemption Contestant
Project Runway returns 9 p.m. July 18 on Lifetime.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day