- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The CW is shoring up web properties to launch under CWD, the network’s digital studio.
CWD has acquired Prom Queen: Homecoming, the new season of Vuguru’s scripted web series Prom Queen, and will launch CelebTV on The CW, it was announced Wednesday by Rick Haskins, executive vp, marketing and digital programs at The CW.
Prom Queen: Homecoming, according to the official synopsis, “takes Edward Adams High on a ride that its students will never forget. The school has not been the same since the tragic murder on prom night. Now, after this year’s prom queen is found murdered, a new mystery unravels.” Homecoming is the final chapter of the franchise, which was developed and financed by the Michael Eisner-formed multiplatform studio Vuguru.
CelebTV on The CW is a daily series hosted by Kelli Zink that features the network’s stars, in front of the camera and off-set. Michelle Carney is executive producer.
Both web series, including previous seasons of Prom Queen, are available on The CW’s official website. They join other CWD projects, including Hart of Dixie star Wilson Bethel’s ’90s-esque scripted parody series Stupid Hype, premiering at the New York Television Film Festival. THR debuted the first full-length trailer earlier this month.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day