- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
An Oscar winner is headed to Psych.
Mira Sorvino, who won an Academy Award for best supporting actress in Woody Allen‘s Mighty Aphrodite, has joined the USA Network comedy’s eighth season in a multiepisode arc, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Sorvino will play the Santa Barbara Police Department’s newest head detective Betsy Brannigan, a sweet, adorably reserved and yet certified badass. Brannigan’s record for taking down ruthless criminals is rivaled only by her skills in sparkly craft making, and her seemingly bubbly demeanor can turn on a dime once she straps in the dual-wielded Colt .45s. She’s a scrapbooking, cat-loving, crime-fighting machine.
Sorvino, repped by ICM Partners and Untitled Entertainment, will first appear in the season premiere. She is also known for starring opposite Lisa Kudrow in Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion.
Psych is executive produced by Steve Franks, Kelly Kulchak and Chris Henze. Mel Damski and Bill Callahan are executive producers. Saladin K. Patterson, Andy Berman and Todd Harthan are co-executive producers/writers. Kell Cahoon is consulting producer. Universal Cable Productions in association with Tagline Pictures produces.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day