- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Quantico is parting ways with another series regular.
Pearl Thusi, who came onboard the ABC drama full-time in season two, will not return for the upcoming abbreviated third season, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
News of Thusi’s exit comes after Yasmine Al Massri, who had played twins Nimah and Raina for the first two seasons, revealed earlier this week on social media that she would not be returning to the series.
The cast departures come in the midst of a creative shakeup on the show, which saw its viewership decline sharply in season two after a strong first season.
Quantico, from ABC Studios, earned an eleventh hour 13-episode renewal, albeit without creator and showrunner Josh Safran, who also exited after season two. The search for a new showrunner is underway, and Safran will remain onboard as a consultant.
Despite the falling ratings for the series, which was moved from Sundays to Mondays midway through its second season, Quantico still boasts strong international appeal thanks to star Priyanka Chopra. That, combined with a rich Netflix SVOD deal, helped secure the season-three renewal. However, that third season remains unscheduled.
TVLine was the first to report Thusi’s exit on Thursday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day