- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Canadian broadcaster Quebecor Media has struck up a strategic alliance with Israel’s Armoza Formats that includes co-developing new TV format concepts.
The agreement will see Tel Aviv-based Armoza become the exclusive distributor of shows from Quebecor Media’s QMI Content division, which includes series on TVA, Quebec’s biggest private broadcaster.
Armoza will launch two TVA formats at MIPTV: the scripted psychological thriller The Killer Inside, and the family game show Only One Knows, which has a 30 percent audience share in Quebec after around 350 episodes have been produced and aired.
The Israeli and Canadian partners will also jointly develop new format ideas.
“In the current TV industry, the ability to progress lies in connecting capabilities between cultures and creativity,” said Avi Armoza, CEO of Armoza Formats, on Wednesday in a statement.
Armoza has inked earlier collaboration deals with China’s JSBC and Argentina’s Telefe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day