- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Queen Latifah will continue to reign over daytime. The singer and actress’ strong freshman talk show from Sony Pictures Television has received a season two order on CBS Stations.
“We are proud to have the CBS stations as our partners as we continue to build The Queen Latifah Show into a franchise brand,” said Sony TV U.S. president of distribution, John Weiser. “We look forward to building on the success of this year’s #1 new talk show by delivering the highest quality program to our stations, advertisers and viewers.”
The expected renewal comes on the heels of a strong first season for Queen Latifah. The series has been outrating all other new talk shows to enter the playing field — besting competition from Bethenny Frankel.
CBS Station Group is Latifah’s biggest carrier, ensuring the series’ broadcast clearance across 97 percent of the U.S. through 2015.
Latifah’s inclusion on the 2014-15 schedule will see a slightly different playing field. Katie Couric‘s syndicated show will not be returning, and Today and The View alum Meredith Vieira will see her own daily show premiere in September.
The Queen Latifah Show is produced by Flavor Unit, Overbrook Entertainment and Sony.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day