- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The MSNBC host — currently enjoying a big ratings bump amid talk of a presidential impeachment — will have a key role in the Ruby Rose-led drama.
Maddow takes on the role of Vesper Fairchild, a character from the Batman comics. Fairchild is a television and radio personality who had a romantic relationship with Bruce Wayne (Batman). The Batwoman catch is that Maddow’s Fairchild will never appear onscreen — at least there are no current plans for her to do so. Still, Maddow is expected to “appear” in multiple episodes starting with Sunday’s series debut.
I know no one’s going to believe this is true, but it’s true.
I’m “Vesper Fairchild” in the new Batwoman TV show that starts this Sunday night on The CW.
(My character is soooo not me; turns out playing her is one of the most fun things I’ve ever done).https://t.co/LP8PauXvUL
— Rachel Maddow MSNBC (@maddow) October 4, 2019
As for how Maddow’s character fits into the network’s Arrow-verse, it’s worth noting that in last year’s Elseworlds crossover, it was revealed that Fairchild previously had an intimate relationship with Oliver Queen/Arrow (Stephen Amell).
Here’s the latest trailer for Batwoman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day