- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lefevre will play Olivia Bloom, a mysterious woman with ties to Mary’s past, with Lake playing Olivia’s husband, Travis. The first cycle of Mary Kills People aired in Canada before debuting on Lifetime in April 2017 after the cabler came on board as a co-producer in late 2016.
Caroline Dhavernas (Hannibal) returns to the series as Mary Harris, an ER doctor by day; by night, she and her partner help terminally ill patients die on their own terms. Richard Short also returns as Mary’s sidekick Dr. Desmond “Des” Bennett, and Jay Ryan is back as Ben Wesley, the undercover cop who was investigating Mary last season.
In the second season, Mary plunges deeper into the criminal world as she searches for a steady supply of pentobarbital to end lives. When the mysterious Olivia Bloom (Lefevre) approaches Mary and her partner Des with a lethal request, she realizes her secrets can only be hidden for so long.
Mary Kills People is produced by Entertainment One, Cameron Pictures and Corus Entertainment. Tassie Cameron (Rookie Blue) serves as showrunner and executive produces with creator Tara Armstrong, Amy Cameron, Jocelyn Hamilton and Tecca Crosby.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day