- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In the Christmas-themed drama Holiday Spin, Garrett Clayton (Disney Channel’s Teen Beach Musical) will co-star as rebellious teen Blake, who is forced to go live with his father after his mother is killed in a car accident.
Macchio will play Ruben, Blake’s father, who runs a famed dance studio that has fallen on hard times and is preparing his star student — and future step-daughter, Pia, for the annual Christmas Eve ballroom dance competition, the Holiday Spin, when Blake arrives.
After Pia and her partner have a falling out, Blake reluctantly steps in, much to Ruben’s delight — until he realizes that the new dance duo are starting to fall for one another.
Feel the Noise‘s Albert Leon will pen the project, which is being executive produced by Safe House‘s Scott W. Anderson. Jon Rosenbaum (Zeke and Luther) will direct, with Christian Bruyère (Lifetime’s On Strike for Christmas) on board to produce through HS Productions.
Macchio, repped by Buchwald/Fortitude, Untitled Entertainment, next appears as a love interest for Fran Drescher on TV Land’s Happily Divorced. Clayton is with Greene & Associates and Roar.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day