- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MTV programming president Susanne Daniels announced Saturday at the Television Critics Association’s winter press tour that Dance Crew would return for an eighth season.
The six-episode series will return in the summer, this time with a new judges panel and a few familiar faces on the talent side. MTV says dance crews from previous seasons of the series will return for its new incarnation.
Produced by American Idol‘s Randy Jackson, the series features dance crews competing for a $100,000 grand prize. During its 2008-12 run, the Warner Horizon series saw its ratings dwindle among MTV’s core 12-34 demographic as the broadcast networks added efforts including America’s Got Talent and So You Think You Can Dance.
In addition to Jackson, Dance Crew is exec produced by Rob Lee, Howard and Karen Schultz; Warner Horizon’s Brooke Karzen, Dan Sacks and Louise Wu; as well as MTV’s Lauren Dolgen, Kristina Edwards, Michelle Klepper and Hannah Uszak.
The series marks the latest unscripted show to be rebooted. Fox has revived Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader and VH1 is bringing The Osbournes back for another run.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Last of Us
The 1619 Project