- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The international co-production starring Luke Roberts and produced by Frank Spotnitz was slotted on Saturdays starting in January in the network’s attempt to revitalize the typically low-watched night. Its freshman season averaged 3.5 million total viewers and a 0.4 among the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic. The series will return for another round of 13 episodes. A premiere date has not yet been determined.
Ransom is inspired by the professional experiences of crisis negotiator Laurent Combalbert, who, along with his partner, Marwan Mery, are among the top negotiators in the world. Roberts stars as expert hostage negotiator Eric Beaumont whose team is brought in to save lives when no one else can. Sarah Greene, Brandon Jay McLaren and Nazneen Contractor co-star. The drama was created by David Vainola and Spotnitz. It’s a Canada-Hungary co-production that’s produced by Entertainment One. Season two will be filmed in Hungary for a 2018 debut. The first season was a co-production of Canada’s Global, France’s TF1, CBS and Germany’s RTL. RTL exited the drama after low ratings in Germany.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day