- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rapper Eve may be headed back to the small screen.
The Grammy winner is teaming with ABC to develop a semi-autobiographical comedy, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Eve would star in the comedy and serve as a non-writing executive producer on the project, which hails from Kaplan Entertainment’s Aaron Kaplan. The comedy is earmarked for the 2014-15 development season, and no writer is attached at the moment.
The project is said to focus on interracial relationships. (The prolific rapper is engaged to British entrepreneur Maximillion Cooper and has been vocal about interracial dating and her experience with his children from his previous marriage.)
This isn’t the first time Eve (real name Eve Jeffers) has wanted to explore acting. She appeared in xXx with Vin Diesel, both Barbershop and Barbershop 2 with Ice Cube, The Cookout with Queen Latifah and The Woodsman with Kevin Bacon. On the small screen, she starred for three seasons on UPN’s Eve as a fashion designer. She’s also guest-starred on Glee.
Eve is repped by ICM, Untitled and Morris Yorn.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day