- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jason Butler Harner is boarding Ray Donovan.
He’ll recur as Varick Strauss, Andrew Finney’s (Ian McShane) cool, calculating right-hand man in the third season of the Showtime drama starring Liev Schreiber as L.A.’s best professional fixer.
Harner joins other recent additions to the cast, including Katie Holmes, Guy Burnet and McShane. The third installment of Ray Donovan will include 12 episodes and will no longer be run by its creator, Ann Biderman, who stepped down from her showrunning duties last August.
Harner is currently recurring on Scandal, having made his debut last Thursday night, Jan. 29, as Olivia’s (Kerry Washington) kidnapper. He can also be seen in Jason Bateman‘s upcoming film, The Family Fang, opposite Nicole Kidman, Christopher Walken and Bateman.
His previous television work includes a series regular role on Alcatraz, along with recurring arcs on Homeland, The Blacklist and Betrayal. Other credits include HBO’s The Newsroom and John Adams.
Harner is represented by Andrew Tetenbaum at ATA Management and ICM Partners. Ray Donovan is executive produced by Mark Gordon, Bryan Zuriff and David Hollander.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day