- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Ray Donovan has received another renewal at Showtime, marking its seventh season — presumably airing later in 2019.
The latest pickup for the Liev Schreiber vehicle comes near the end of its sixth season, one that saw the series’ production and setting shift from Los Angeles to New York. Per the pay cabler, the seventh season of the crime drama will again shoot in New York. Production is expected to start in the spring.
Starring Schreiber, Jon Voight and, most recently, Susan Sarandon, Ray Donovan premiered on Showtime in 2013. It has since become one of the network’s most-watched series, currently ranking among cable’s top five scripted series. Most recent live-plus-3 data for original telecasts come just shy of 2 million viewers — and that’s before the handsome multiplatform lifts that the series receives from its two streaming platforms, on-demand and encores.
Allowing series to hit and pass the seven-season mark is no anomaly at Showtime. The network’s most popular shows tend to run for quite some time, with Homeland heading into an eighth and final run and Shameless largely considered a lock to be renewed for a tenth season.
Ray Donovan is produced by Showtime Networks. The current season is set to wrap Jan. 13.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day