- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
WGN’s upcoming historical series Underground has recruited Reed Diamond for a recurring role, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The Agents of SHIELD alum will play Tom Macon, a plantation owner and political candidate who has trouble believing his own slaves would ever consider running. Diamond joins Christopher Meloni (Law & Order: SVU), Jurnee Smollett-Bell (Friday Night Lights), Aldis Hodge (Rectify) and Jessica De Gouw (Arrow).
Underground follows a group of slaves planning a daring escape from a Georgia plantation to cross 600 miles to freedom. Along the way, they are aided by a secret abolitionist couple running a station on the Underground Railroad as they attempt to evade the people charged with bringing them back, dead or alive.
From Sony Pictures Television and Tribune Studios, the series begins production this week for a 2016 debut.
Diamond’s credits include Franklin & Bash, 24 and Fox’s upcoming Wayward Pines. He is repped by Paradigm and David Weise and Associates.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Thomas Brodie Sangster