- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Reese Witherspoon invited Prince William and Kate Middleton to her wedding — but they didn’t reciprocate.
“I can’t even contain my enthusiasm for the royal wedding!” the Water for Elephants star said Monday on Live with Regis and Kelly. (NFL star Michael Strahan was filling in for Philbin.)
“I’m kind of bummed I’m not invited to the royal wedding,” added Witherspoon, who wed CAA agent Jim Toth on March 26. “My girlfriend asked me if I was invited. Well, no, but I invited them to my wedding!”
Witherspoon also joked about her own nuptials.
“As my girlfriend says, ‘You only get married for the second time once,'” she quipped. Witherspoon split from Ryan Phillippe in 2007 after eight years of marriage.
Her 11-year-old daughter, Ava, “helped me pick out my dress. She was my maid of honor. It wasn’t stressful.”
More stressful: Sunday’s NYC premiere of Water for Elephants. She was “afraid girls were going to scratch my eyes out” over jealousy about her co-star Robert Pattinson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day