- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The memory of Regis Philbin‘s time as Kelly Ripa‘s right-hand man may be fading, but the TV icon is keeping busy.
Funny or Die released a new short today, featuring the 81-year-old running amok on the set of Fox’s New Girl, offering suggestions in the very cramped writers room, moving in on Zooey Deschanel‘s screen time and taking serious issue with one cast member.
“There’s a bus, it goes off the embankment, kills Schmidt … kills him dead,” Philbin pitches the writers. “And the next episode… business as usual!”
He also refers to Deschanel as “the broad” and Lamorne Morris as “the black guy” and compares the shape of Max Greenfield‘s head to the late Eddie Fisher.
Up until now, Fox has only released one fraction of a clip from New Girl‘s sophomore season: a shot of Jess helping Schmidt scratch an itch in his awkwardly-constructed penis cast.
New Girl returns to Fox on Sept. 25, with two new episodes at 8 and 9 p.m. Watch the full Funny or Die clip below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day