- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Who got signed, promoted, hired or fired? The Hollywood Reporter’s Rep Sheet rounds up the week in representation news. To submit announcements for consideration, contact email@example.com.
The Passions of Camil
Jane the Virgin’s Jaime Camil has signed with Zero Gravity Management. In a case of life imitating art, the Mexican actor was a real telenovela star when he was cast as telenovela star Rogelio de la Vega (and Jane’s father) in the Peabody-winning CW dramedy, now in its fourth season. Camil also is part of the all-Latino voice cast of Pixar’s Oscar-nominated Coco. He spent his past two summer hiatuses on stage, playing Sam Carmichael in Mamma Mia! at the Hollywood Bowl last year and Billy Flynn in Chicago on Broadway in 2016. Camil continues to be represented by Jackoway Tyerman.
Jared Thompson has joined Abrams as an agent in the alternative and digital media department, where he will report to senior vp and department head Alec Shankman. Thompson spent the past seven years at Rebel Entertainment, where he represented Emmy-winning producers from Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and 9/11, as well as showrunners and producers from Intervention and Fixer Upper. He also has packaged and closed deals with networks including Discovery, Lifetime and WE TV.
Abrams also has signed digital beauty influencer Deepica Mutyala, who has 156,000 followers on Instagram and 148,000 subscribers (and more than 18.8 million views) on YouTube. Mutyala recently launched media platform Tinted, which will provide editorial and video content, as well as community forums, dedicated to beauty for undeserved multicultural consumers. Mutyala recently appeared at the Create & Cultivate conference in Los Angeles, and she has served as an on-air beauty expert on NBC’s Today. Her brand relationships include Olly, Neutrogena, NARS and MAC. Said Mutyala in a statement, “Representation in the media is my mission, and I am proud to be joining with Abrams Artists Agency to help support the launch of Tinted and to expand my brand with an inclusive platform.”
Others on the dotted line
Lance Reddick, a regular on both Amazon’s Bosch and Comedy Central’s Corporate, has signed with Portrait PR
Rogers & Cowan has signed:
* Dutch superstar DJ Tiesto, who released the Gucci Mane collaboration “Boom” last month.
* Iggy Azalea, who released single “Savior” earlier this month.
* Jamie Parker, who will reprise his Olivier-winning role as the title character in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on Broadway this spring.
* The Crown’s Harry Hadden-Paton, who landed the role of Henry Higgins in Broadway’s My Fair Lady revival, also opening this spring.
* Jessica Springsteen (daughter of Bruce), a show jumping champion rider who will also work in the lifestyle and fashion spaces.
* Madeline Carroll, who will be seen in Lionsgate’s upcoming faith-based drama I Can Only Imagine.
Artist Cleo Wade, who has been called “the millennial Oprah” by New York and whose illustrated poetry book Heart Talk will be released via Atria on March 6, has signed with 42West.
Ugly Betty alum Stelio Savante, who recently appeared opposite Jim Caviezel and Matt Dillon in the historical drama Jo, the Medicine Runner, has signed with Los Angeles-based Advanced Management. He continues to be represented by Stewart Talent.
Georgia Hudson, who received a U.K. Music Video Award nomination last year for directing Pink’s “What About Us,” has signed with U.S.- and London-based production company Park Pictures for commercials, branded content and music video representation in the U.S., U.K. and Netherlands.
Elsewhere in Rep World:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day