- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Coming to a small screen near you
UTA has signed newcomer Noah Galvin, star of ABC’s midseason family comedy The Real O’Neals. Inspired by the childhood of sex columnist and executive producer Dan Savage, Galvin plays a teenager whose coming out spurs his Catholic family to open up to each other. Martha Plimpton and Mad Men’s Jay R. Ferguson star as his parents. Earlier this year Galvin starred in the off-Broadway play What I Did Last Summer, which ran at the Signature Theatre from April 28 through June 7. He continues to be represented by Stewart Talent and Station 3.
Meanwhile, ICM Partners has signed Emily Beecham of upcoming martial arts drama Into the Badlands, which premieres on Nov. 15 on AMC. The English actress is playing violent warlord The Widow, the villainous female lead whose thirst for more power disrupts the tenuous social balance of the land. She’ll adopt a much lighter tone next year in Joel and Ethan Coen’s comedy Hail, Caesar! as a weary British actress forced to perform a Noel Coward play opposite an All-American cowboy-type actor. Beecham made her film debut in the 2007 zombie sequel 28 Weeks Later, and last year she was a regular on the BBC drama The Village.
Publicity firm 42West has signed the following new clients:
· Adria Arjona, who just played Paul (Taylor Kitsch)’s pregnant fiancée on the second season of HBO’s True Detective and has landed the lead role of Dorothy in NBC’s Wizard of Oz adaptation Emerald City
· Jazmyn Simon, who plays NFL wife Julie Greane on Ballers, which HBO has renewed for a second season
· Songwriting duo R. City (Miley Cyrus’ “We Can’t Stop,” Nicki Minaj’s “Only,” Rihanna’s “Pour It Up”), who are signed to RCA Records and recently released their own single, “Locked Away,” featuring Adam Levine
· Hip-hop producer Travis Mills, who hosts a Beats1 show on Apple Music and recently signed to Lava/Republic Records
WME has hired agent Tanya Cohen from Verve, where her clients included Blackfish’s Gabriela Cowperthwaite and Boys Don’t Cry’s Kimberly Peirce. Last week WME added below-the-line agent Mira Yong from Gersh.
The next generation of advisors
YouTuber Katharine Ward has signed with Fullscreen in a deal brokered by Abrams Artists Agency. Previously a member of multichannel network Style Haul, Ward and her channel (xxmakeupiscoolxx) will be featured in a new multi-influencer campaign sparked by a partnership between Fullscreen and Bratz.
Abrams also has signed YouTuber Breland Emory, whose most popular videos on her channel, Glitterforever17, include her experience getting permanent makeup tattoos (6.5 million views) and life hacks when on one’s period (2.8 million views).
Elsewhere in Rep World:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day