- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sundance Channel has solidified airdates for upcoming miniseries Restless.
Starring Hayley Atwell, Rufus Sewell and Michelle Dockery, Restless will premiere Friday, Dec. 7 at 9 p.m. with the second part airing the following week, the cable network announced Wednesday.
The two-parter is based on the novel by British writer William Boyd and follows the story of a daughter who discovers that her mother was recruited as a spy during World War II.
Produced by Hilary Bevan Jones (State of Play, The Girl in the Cafe) and her Endor Productions, Restless — filmed in South Africa and the U.K. this past summer — is directed by Edward Hall from a screenplay by Boyd. Rounding out the cast are Michael Gambon and Charlotte Rambling.
Restless is the first of three new scripted projects that Sundance Channel is rolling out. The others are Top of the Lake, from Jane Campion and starring Elisabeth Moss and Holly Hunter, and Rectify, from Breaking Bad’s Ray McKinnon and will air next year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day