- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Resurrection is adding a Tony winner.
Stage and screen actress Donna Murphy has joined the ABC drama’s sophomore season in a major recurring role, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The actress will appear throughout the season as a mysterious government agent who will be in charge of monitoring Agent Bellamy (Omar Epps) and the activities in Arcadia. The character was vaguely mentioned during the show’s Comic-Con panel July 25.
Murphy is the latest new addition to join Resurrection following the casting of Game of Thrones alum Michelle Fairley, who will play Margaret, Henry’s (Kurtwood Smith) mother and Jacob’s (Landon Gimenez) grandmother.
PHOTOS The Scene at Comic-Con 2014
Murphy, whose big-screen credits include Tangled, Center Stage and Spider-Man 2, is repped by Innovative Artists and Brookside Artist Management. Television credits include Royal Pains, The Good Wife, The Mentalist, the short-lived Made in Jersey, Trust Me and Hack. She won Tonys for 1994’s Passion and 1996’s The King and I.
Resurrection returns Sunday, Sept. 28, at 9 p.m. on ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day