- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Resurrection is introducing a mysterious new character.
ABC’s sophomore drama has booked True Blood alum Jim Parrack, best known as Hoyt Fortenberry, for a recurring role, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Parrack will play a charismatic member of the “Returned,” a larger-than-life preacher from the 1930s with ties to both Bellamy’s (Omar Epps) birth family and the Langstons. As expected, his true motives are unclear. Parrack will appear in four episodes, first airing in January 2015.
Repped by Paradigm, Parrack starred in HBO’s True Blood for the majority of its seven-season run, appearing in 65 episodes. On the big screen, he co-starred in a slew of James Franco films (Annapolis, Sal, Child of God and As I Lay Dying), Battle Los Angeles and David Ayer‘s Fury, as well as the upcoming The Adderall Diaries.
Resurrection airs at 9 p.m. Sundays on ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day