- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Peacock has ordered 10 episodes of Poker Face from The Last Jedi and Knives Out writer-director and T-Street and MRC Television.
Lyonne is co-creator, co-writer, executive producer and director of Netflix’s Russian Doll, for which she’s earned Golden Globe and Emmy nominations.
“I’m very excited to dig into the type of fun, character driven, case-of-the-week mystery goodness I grew up watching,” Johnson said in a statement. “It’s my happy place. Having Natasha as a partner in crime is a dream, and we’ve found the perfect home at Peacock.”
Johnson will serve as creator, writer and director of the series. He will also executive produce alongside partner Ram Bergman, Lyonne and Nena Rodrigue. While this is the first show Johnson has created, he has plenty of experience directing TV episodes, having helmed several standout hours of Breaking Bad.
MRC TV is a division of MRC, which is a co-owner of The Hollywood Reporter through a joint venture with Penske Media titled P-MRC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day