- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC is poised to explore the Bernie Madoff scandal.
The network is teaming with Lincoln Square Productions (The Assets) for a multiple-episode drama inspired by chief investigative correspondent Brian Ross’ book The Madoff Chronicles: Inside the Secret World of Bernie and Ruth, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Oscar winner Richard Dreyfuss will star as Madoff, the former stockbroker and fiancier convicted of fraud in the Ponzi scheme that is considered to be the largest financial fraud in U.S. history.
Ben Robbins (The First 48) will pen the script for the drama, with Linda Berman (Heat Wave, The Assets) and Joe Pichirallo (Hollywoodland) on board to executive produce Madoff for ABC.
A premiere date — as well as a formal episode count — have yet to be determined but it is expected to be a closed-ended drama. Sources tell THR that ABC’s Madoff will be chronicle the rise and fall of the former executive.
Sources tell THR that multiple high-profile actresses are in the running to play Ruth, Bernie’s wife who was the director of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities.
Robbins and Pichirallo are repped by Original Artists; Dreyfuss, who won the Academy Award for The Goodbye Girl and was nominated for Mr. Holland’s Opus, is with APA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day