- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
You can’t say Rick Perry doesn’t have a sense of humor about himself.
The Republican presidential candidate and Texas governor made headlines for all the wrong reasons during Wednesday night’s GOP debate. When asked which three governmental agencies he would cut as part of his tax plan, Perry named two — and then struggled for nearly a minute to remember the third. In fact, he didn’t come up with the answer until 10 minutes later, while responding to an unrelated question.
PHOTOS: Best Presidents in Film and Television
“The third agency of government I would — I would do away with Education, the Commerce and, let’s see,” he said. “I can’t. The third one, I can’t. Sorry. Oops.”
On Thursday, he embarked on a media tour in an effort to repair the damage he’d likely done with voters, making appearances NBC’s Today, CBS’ The Early Show, ABC’s Good Morning America, Fox News’ Fox and Friends, CNN’s American Morning and CBS’ The Late Show With David Letterman.
PHOTOS: Actors Who’ve Played Politicians
On Late Show, he stopped by to read the night’s top 10 list, titled “Top Ten Rick Perry Excuses,” during which he pokes fun at his gaffe.
No. 7: I thought the debate was tonight.
No. 6: Hey listen, you try concentrating with Mitt Romney smiling at you . That is one handsome dude.
PHOTOS: Democrats and Republicans’ Favorite Movies
The Late Show airs at 11:35 p.m. Watch a preview below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day