- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Wedding bells are near for Ricki Lake.
The original Hairspray star announced on Thursday afternoon through Twitter that she was engaged to Christian Evans. “Thrilled to share some happy news with you….. I’m engaged!,” she wrote, linking to a photo of her and Evans together.
Afterward, Lake felt like a weight was lifted off her shoulders after letting out the good news. “The cat is out of the bag. Phew! I’m terrible at keeping secrets,” she wrote.
Professionally, things are looking up for the former daytime talk show host. Earlier this year, Lake was eyeing a return to daytime TV, inking a development deal with 20th TV with a new project pegged to a potential fall 2012 launch.
“Ricki is a pop culture icon who has built a career on her candid, straight talk sensibility and her authentic, relatable nature,” Stephen Brown, senior vice president programming and development at 20th TV, said at the time of the announcement.
Since she ended her talker, The Ricki Lake Show, in 2004, Lake — who has two children from a previous marriage — has appeared on VH1’s Charm School and CBS’ Gameshow Marathon.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day