- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Are viewers becoming aware of An Idiot Abroad?
Seems like it. According to season 2 premiere ratings, Science Channel’s An Idiot Abroad 2: The Bucket List with Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington nearly doubled its audience from the series debut last year with 1.3 million total viewers tuning in Saturday at 10 p.m.
For an act of comparison, the debut in January 2011 averaged roughly 773,000 viewers.
Last week’s season opener became the cable network’s most-watched telecast ever among adults 18-49 (480,000) and 25-54 (538,000).
“It’s fantastic news. I won’t be satisfied until Karl is as big a phenomenon as Justin Bieber,” said Gervais. “I just hope it doesn’t all rest on hair.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
The Full Monty
‘The Full Monty’ Star Hugo Speer Says He Was Dropped From Disney+ Spinoff After Runner Saw Him Naked in Trailer
Neil Patrick Harris Says Filming for ‘Uncoupled’ Season 2 Is “on Pause” Due to Writers Strike
Writers Guild Members Get Candid About What Makes This Writers Strike Different Than Previous Ones: “We’re Mad”
The Good Fight
Script to Scene: ‘The Good Fight’ Scribes Detail the Paramount+ Drama’s Final Moments
The Good Wife
Hollywood Flashback: ‘The Good Wife’ Won Showrunners Robert and Michelle King Their First Case