- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rihanna breaking her silence about her tumultuous relationship with ex-boyfriend Chris Brown put “20/20” at the top of Friday’s TV ratings charts, giving the show a season high.
Diane Sawyer’s exclusive interview with the singer drew a 2.7 rating among adults 18-49 and 8.2 million viewers. It also drew the show’s best 18-34 number in three years.
That was enough for ABC to tie usual Friday winner CBS in the adult demo, though CBS still won among total viewers. ABC’s “Supernanny” (4.7 million viewers, 1.3 preliminary adults 18-49 rating) was on par, while “Ugly Betty” (4.8 million, 1.3) grew 18% from last week’s all-time low.
On CBS, “Ghost Whisperer” (7.9 million, 1.8), “Medium” (7.6 million, 1.8) and “Numbers” (8.1 million, 1.8) all did the same dull rating, with the first two slipping a bit from last week.
NBC aired “Law & Order” (8 million, 1.8), a “L&O” special airing (8.4 million, 1.9) and “Jay Leno Show” (4.6 million, 1.2). Fox had repeats. On the CW, “Smallville” (2.8 million, 1.2) matched last week’s preliminary season high (which later fell back to 1.1 in the national ratings), we’ll see if this one sticks.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day