- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The summer finale of the Angie Harmon-Sasha Alexander crime procedural drew a season-high 6 million total viewers Tuesday night, up 36 percent from the penultimate summer episode and a 7 percent improvement from last year’s summer finale. Rizzoli & Isles led into Franklin & Bash‘s season two finale, which averaged 2.9 million.
In the advertiser-coveted adult demographics, Rizzoli & Isles grew 55 percent among adults 18-49 (1.6 million) and 49 percent among adults 25-54 (2 million) from the most recent episode. From last summer’s finale, that’s a 21 percent and 10 percent improvement in the respective demos.
This puts Rizzoli & Isles as the third most-watched basic cable scripted show of the summer, behind cablemates The Closer and spinoff Major Crimes.
TNT renewed Rizzoli & Isles for a fourth season in June. New episodes of season three return in November.
Elsewhere on the dial, the season three premiere of History’s Top Gear attracted 1.7 million at 9 p.m., while the debut of lead-out Counting Cars drew 2.4 million on Tuesday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Flight Attendant