- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TNT has found a new showrunner for Rizzoli & Isles.
Jan Nash, who worked on TNT’s Memphis Beat and CBS‘ Without a Trace, will succeed creator-showrunner Janet Tamaro, who exited the procedural at the end of production on the fourth season, The Hollywood Reporter confirms.
Tamaro, who had overseen the show since 2010 and will be a consulting producer on season five, developed Rizzoli & Isles from characters created by best-selling author Tess Gerritsen.
Rizzoli & Isles stars Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander as Jane Rizzoli, a tough Boston police detective, and Maura Isles, a medical examiner from a privileged background. Brian Goodman, Jordan Bridges, Lorraine Bracco and Bruce McGill co-star.
Rizzoli & Isles has averaged 8.4 million viewers in live-plus-7 ratings this season, up 6 percent from last year, with 2.9 million among adults 25-54 and 2.3 million among adults 18-49.
The news of Tamaro’s departure came weeks after the August death of Rizzoli & Isles regular Lee Thompson Young.
Nash is repped by WME. She has worked on Unforgettable, Fairly Legal and Caroline in the City and began her career on the sitcom Ellen.
The remaining episodes of season four will premiere in 2014.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day