- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rizzoli & Isles is introducing an important member of Maura Isles’ (Sasha Alexander) family this season.
M*A*S*H vet David Ogden Stiers has been cast as her adoptive father, Arthur, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Though viewers have met Maura’s biological parents, Paddy Doyle (John Doman) and Hope Martin (Sharon Lawrence), as well her adoptive mother, Constance (Jacqueline Bisset), throughout the years, little is known about her adoptive father.
“We spent a lot of time talking about who that person is,” showrunner Jan Nash told THR. “We’ve seen all of the rest of the characters, why have we not seen that one? It gave us a really interesting opportunity to bring some conflict into the show for the Maura Isles character.”
Stiers will make his debut in the eighth episode of the upcoming sixth season.
Rizzoli & Isles‘ new season kicks off Tuesday, June 16 at 9 p.m. on TNT. Are you excited to meet Arthur Isles?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day