- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rizzoli & Isles are heading to syndication.
Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution has secured off-network rights to the TNT cop drama in 95 percent of the country. The series, starring Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander, will begin airing on weekends in fall 2015.
The series, based on the best-selling novels by Tess Gerritsen, has been sold in 170 markets including stations owned by Fox, CBS, Sinclair, Hearst, Gannett, Lin, Local TV, Cox, Raycom, Weigel, Meredith, Mission, Nexstar, New Age, Journal, Scripps, Gray, Grant, Max Media, West Virginia Media, Lockwood, Drewry, Cordillera, Bonten, Bahakel, Citadel, Diversified, Woods, Schurz and Mckinnon.
Season four of the series premiered in June, up 18 percent year-over-year. Factoring in DVR viewing, the series scored 6.6 million viewers — the Turner-owned cabler’s strongest original series to air this year and summer’s most-watched cable premiere thus far.
The series continues to be an anchor of TNT’s original drama lineup, with the net using it to build the second season of scripted drama Perception. That series was down 1.6 million viewers compared with its series premiere a year ago.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day