- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Rob Riggle is laying down roots at ABC.
The actor is set to star in the network’s untitled single-dad comedy from Telenovela writing duo Dannah Phirman and Danielle Schneider, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The multicamera effort centers on an intellectual but emotionally challenged single dad (Riggle) who moves to Queens with his two young daughters and forms an unlikely family with the other residents in their apartment building.
Phirman and Schneider will executive produce the ABC Studios project with Trophy Wife creators Sarah Haskins and Emily Halpern.
On the small screen, Riggle is best known for his work on Comedy Central’s The Daily Show and ABC’s Modern Family. His big-screen credits include The Hangover, 22 Jump Street and The Other Guys. The actor’s upcoming roles include the dramas Horse Soldiers and Midnight Sun, as well as the comedy How to Be a Latin Lover.
Riggle is repped by WME, Principato Young Entertainment and attorney Warren Dern.
Keep track of the latest news and castings at THR.com/PilotSeason and bookmark THR‘s handy guide.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day